Last week JOOX announced the launch of the ‘Gig to Earn’ initiative to support local musicians currently experiencing financial hardship through an inability to perform
live. ‘Gig to Earn’ invites them to stream directly to their fans via the JOOX live video streaming feature – and get paid to do so.
JOOX needs support to keep this campaign on-going while lockdown measures are still in place at all lockdown levels, as even Level One enforces social distancing rules that will make gigs and performances impossible.
JOOX is calling on brands and businesses with vested interests in the entertainment industry to step forward and take advantage of this opportunity to align existing
marketing strategies with the new restrictions placed on us by a global pandemic.
Don’t pause your campaigns, just pivot them.
“At JOOX, we see this as part of an urgent need to do what JOOX can to stimulate the economy.”
The ‘Gig to Earn’ initiative is how JOOX gives back to the people who drive the industry and make music possible – the artists.
- We need support from brands and businesses to continue this worthwhile initiative.
- 100% of a sponsor’s financial support will go straight into the hands of the artist.
- JOOX hosts all live artist appearances in-app through innovative video-streaming software.
- JOOX currently pays an artist R1500 per half-hour appearance.
- There are currently 8 slots per night with the potential to add.
- Artists apply for Gig to Earn through a dedicated website and are vetted internally.
- We are launching ‘Big Live’ events in the coming month. These are livestreams with
massive names within the music industry, helping to raise awareness for this initiative.
Cassper Nyovest is our first Big Live artist and will go live in-app at 8pm on 8th May, 2020.
- Some of the varied musicians already on the ‘Gig and Earn’ schedule are Ami Faku, Juan
Casey, Holly Rey, Manu Worldstar, Touchline, Ammara Brown, Bigstar Johnson, Charlize
Berg, Chronical Deep, Dala Fam, Dr Malinga, Lee Scott and Vee Mampeezy.
- The campaign behind the ‘Gig to Earn’ initiative is fully-integrated, including promotion
across social media and in-app.
- Regular gig guides will be sent out on social media.
- After they have been live, appearances will be available for playback within the JOOX app.
To get involved, brands and businesses can email [email protected] .