By Staff Writer
Vodacom has launched two new 4G smartphones to bolster its suite of highly popular branded devices that are designed and priced to appeal to the value conscious customer looking for a high quality device that is reliable, affordable and that offers the latest smartphone technology.
The latest devices – Smart V8 and Smart N8 – both ship with the latest Android Nougat operating system.
Vodacom’s Chief Officer, Consumer Sales and Distribution, Jorge Mendes says “affordable devices like the new Smart 8 range are proving to be the biggest contributors to the uptake of smart devices on our network. In turn this contributes to the overall sustained growth in data demand. Our Vodacom Branded Devices combine high quality design with making the latest mobile and Vodacom technology available at a great price for our customers.”
In the past financial year, Vodacom sold over 3.4 million affordable high quality branded devices, accounting for over 30% of the total device sales.
The devices were first launched in 2006 to reduce the cost for customers to own the latest mobile technology. The Vodacom Branded Device range includes 3G and 4G smartphones, tablets, mobile data products and broadband routers.
Vodacom Smart V8-
- R199PMx 24 months on a uChoose Flexi 150
- Prepaid price R3 599
- Camera is high spec 16 megapixel (MP) rear and 8MP front camera dual flash
- Battery – 3000 milliamp hour
Vodacom Smart N8
- R129PMx 24 months on a uChoose Flexi 110
- Prepaid price R1 999
- Parents can control which apps their children can access, or temporarily unlock apps as a reward using their fingerprint.
- The Vodafone Smart N8 is also great for those wanting to watch videos anywhere at any time,