South Africa’s retailer Pick n Pay last week released the latest version of its mobile app for Android and quickly recorded more than 10 000 downloads were recorded within 24 hours.
Today, the iPhone version was released, and the retailer expects comparable download volumes.
The app offers practical updates that have been designed to enhance the Pick n Pay shopping experience.
It also brings all the functionality of the Smart Shopper kiosk to the palm of users’ hands.
New features on the app include:
- Barcode scanner: Users can scan any product and instantly add it to their shopping lists
- New recipes every month, plus the functionality to add the ingredients to a shopping list
- Online record of shoppers’ purchase history, and the ability to add items from the shopping history to a shopping list
- Easily load personal discounts and Smart Shopper points to a Smart Shopper card
- Handy list of Pick n Pay’s latest top 10 weekly specials, which can be added to a shopping list
- For Pick n Pay Store account holders, ready access to statements
- The functionality to buy electricity, data and airtime using Smart Shopper points
The app also makes it easy for Pick n Pay customers to use their personal discounts in-store, and to search for products, shop and check out faster.
“The Pick n Pay shopping experience has always been about convenience, and the app has been designed to bring ease and simplicity to grocery shopping,” says Georgina Muirhead, head of customer experience for PnP Online.
“We believe this latest release offers a greatly improved user experience, as well as several new features our users will love. In the months ahead, we’ll be adding further enhancements to ensure the app continues to improve the Pick n Pay shopping experience.”