By Staff Writer
Prepaid customers will receive 100MB of data per month for free for the first six months. The Smart 6 also comes with free access to Vodacom’s e-school portal.
Vodacom today launched the Vodacom Smart 6 smartphone, a 4 inch handset with a full Android 4.4 (KitKat) experience.
The Smart 6 is the latest Vodacom device to launch in South Africa with the express purpose of making the cost to connect to South Africa’s best network with the fastest mobile internet* more affordable, particularly when combined with Vodacom’s low-cost data plans.
The Smart 6 will be available from today and can be purchased on prepaid for R799 as well as on a range of packages, including the uChoose flexi 110 for R99 per month.
Prepaid customers who purchase the device and activate it on the Vodacom network will receive 100MB of data per month for free for the first six months. The data allocation will take place every 30 days from activation, provided that the SIM card inserted at activation is still in the device. This promotion will run until 30 November 2015.
The Smart 6 also comes with free access to Vodacom’s e-school portal and one week’s free access to gaming store, Gameloft as well as one free game.
Davide Tacchino, Vodacom’s Managing Executive of Terminals, said: “The Smart 6 is one of our best value-for-money, high performance smartphone that will enable more of our customers to join the mobile data revolution. At R799 per month it’s essentially a smartphone for the price of a feature phone.”
The features of the Smart 6 include:
- Simple to navigate Android 4.4 KitKat operating system with access to thousands of mobile applications through the Play store. The Smart 6 also makes it easy to save your favourite apps onto a home screen for ease of access. The Smart 6 features a ‘simple mode’, simplifying system navigation for users.
- Compact design with a 121.6 x 64.4 x 11.8 millimetre (mm) frame and weight of just 112 grams.
- 0 inch (25.4 mm) touchscreen (WVGA 400 x 800 pixel).
- MediaTek’s MT6572M processor delivers fast 1 Gigahertz dual core processing of commands without taking a toll on battery life and is supported by 512 megabytes of RAM.
- 1400 milliampere hour in-built battery means up to 7 hours of talk time or up to 15 days (379 hours) on standby before a recharge is needed.
- 4 GB built in memory (1.9 GB available for customer data storage). If more storage for multimedia files is needed, up to 32 GB of additional memory can be added with a microSD card.
- The two megapixel (MP) camera uses interpolation technology to effectively provide 3 MP resolution.