Close Menu
  • Homepage
  • News
  • Cloud & AI
  • ECommerce
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Contact

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest technology news from TechFinancials News about FinTech, Tech, Business, Telecoms and Connected Life.

What's Hot

BankservAfrica Rebrands As PayInc

2025-08-29

Ethereum Stays Stable Above $4,600, But Meme-to-Earn Is The Next Big Growth Reality

2025-08-28

Why Investors Call MAGAX the First ‘Real’ Meme Project — Utility, CertiK Audit, and 2025 Growth Path

2025-08-28
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • BankservAfrica Rebrands As PayInc
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube LinkedIn WhatsApp RSS
TechFinancials
  • Homepage
  • News
  • Cloud & AI
  • ECommerce
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Contact
TechFinancials
Home»Latest News»DA Loses Court Bid To Declare ANC Cadre Deployment Unlawful, Releases Records To The Public
Latest News

DA Loses Court Bid To Declare ANC Cadre Deployment Unlawful, Releases Records To The Public

The BulrushesBy The Bulrushes2024-02-21No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
DA-leader-John-Steenhuizen-1
DA-leader-John-Steenhuizen-1
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

The Democratic Alliance (DA) on Wednesday lost its bid in the High Court in Pretoria to have the African National Congress (ANC) cadre deployment declared unlawful.

Delivering its judgment, the High Court threw out the case brought by the DA requesting it to declare that the ANC cadre deployment “unconstitutional and unlawful”.

The case was argued before a full bench of judges on 23 and 24 January 2023, when judgment was reserved.

In its ruling, the court stated: “It follows that there is nothing unconstitutional about a political party influencing the policy direction of a government, including the appointment of senior personnel to public service, so long as the public service is protected against being misused for partisan purposes”.

DA Federal Leader John Steenhuisen MP and the DA’s Shadow Minister for Public Service and Administration, Dr Leon Schreiber MP,  were in attendance.

.

Play

Afterward, the ANC said it would continue to implement its cadre deployment policy.

[WATCH] ANC spokesperson Mahlengi Bhengu says the party will continue to practice cadre deployment. This after the High Court in Pretoria dismissed the DA’s application to have the policy declared unconstitutional. @Alpha_Mero25 pic.twitter.com/XRJlzj7Psb

— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) February 21, 2024

Last week, the Constitutional Court issued a groundbreaking judgment that ordered the ANC to hand over its cadre deployment records to the DA.

The ANC complied with the court ruling.

Meanwhile, the DA on Wednesday released what it described as “cadre deployment corruption documents” which it said it had “received so far”.

Link to the documents: https://download.da.org.za/ANC-cadre-documents-20240220.pdf

The DA said it was committed to upholding principles of public transparency.

“In line with this commitment, we have uploaded the cadre deployment minutes and documents which have so far been supplied to us to our website, allowing the public access to crucial information,” said Schreiber.

“We will continue to scrutinise the documents diligently to unveil the network of cadre deployment corruption and a racketeering syndicate that has corrupted and captured the state.

“To keep the public informed, we have scheduled a media briefing on Friday, during which we will comprehensively unpack the documents.

“This briefing will present our thorough analysis and announce significant next steps in our fight to end cadre deployment corruption.”

The DA said it remains steadfast in its pursuit of accountability and integrity within the political landscape, and we invite the public to stay engaged in this ongoing effort.

[WATCH] DA leader @jsteenhuisen says the Pretoria High Court erred in its judgment that dismissed, with costs, the party’s application to have the ANC’s cadre deployment policy unconstitutional.#Newzroom405 pic.twitter.com/6LaS08nBK4

— Newzroom Afrika (@Newzroom405) February 21, 2024

ANC ANC Cadre Deployment DA
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
The Bulrushes

Related Posts

The Cost Of Not Thinking About Home Insurance

2025-08-28

Plaud.ai Unveils Note Pro Its Most Advanced & Versatile AI Note-Taking Device

2025-08-27

Vodacom Group Appoints Ayman Essam As Chief Officer: External Affairs

2025-08-27

Finance Minister Appoints Acting CEO For Embattled GPAA To Ensure Stability

2025-08-26

Justice DG, DDG Face Disciplinary Proceedings Over Delayed Madlanga Commission

2025-08-26

Uber, Harambee Join Forces To Reimagine The Future Of Work For SA’s Youth

2025-08-26

Spaza Market: The Super-App Powering Township SMEs

2025-08-22

Spaza Eats Becomes Spaza Market For Digital Economy

2025-08-22

Visa And Investec Renew Strategic Focus On Digital Private Banking

2025-08-21
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

DON'T MISS
Breaking News

BankservAfrica Rebrands As PayInc

The financial market infrastructure giant BankservAfrica has officially been rebranded to PayInc. The launch, held…

KZN’s First Supercar-Centric Luxury Residential Development Unveiled

2025-08-27

Government Pensions Administration Agency CEO Placed On Precautionary Suspension

2025-08-26

Airtel Africa & Vodacom Forge Landmark Infrastructure Partnership

2025-08-12
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn
OUR PICKS

SA’s Skhokho 2.0 Puts Enterprise AI In SME Hands

2025-08-28

Please Call Me: After 25 Years, Will SCA’s New Bench Silence ConCourt?

2025-08-26

Vodacom Invests R400M To Expand Network In Free State And Northern Cape

2025-08-26

Elon Musk’s Starlink Backs BEE Equity Equivalents, Not 30% Ownership

2025-08-18

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest tech news from TechFinancials about telecoms, fintech and connected life.

About Us

TechFinancials delivers in-depth analysis of tech, digital revolution, fintech, e-commerce, digital banking and breaking tech news.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit RSS
Our Picks

BankservAfrica Rebrands As PayInc

2025-08-29

Ethereum Stays Stable Above $4,600, But Meme-to-Earn Is The Next Big Growth Reality

2025-08-28

Why Investors Call MAGAX the First ‘Real’ Meme Project — Utility, CertiK Audit, and 2025 Growth Path

2025-08-28
Recent Posts
  • BankservAfrica Rebrands As PayInc
  • Ethereum Stays Stable Above $4,600, But Meme-to-Earn Is The Next Big Growth Reality
  • Why Investors Call MAGAX the First ‘Real’ Meme Project — Utility, CertiK Audit, and 2025 Growth Path
  • Solana’s 24-Hour Rally Hits 9%, but Investors Are Turning Toward Meme-to-Earn MAGAX for Bigger Returns
  • Preparing For Windows 11: Transitioning From Planning To Implementation
TechFinancials
RSS Facebook X (Twitter) LinkedIn YouTube WhatsApp
  • Homepage
  • Newsletter
  • Contact
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • About
© 2025 TechFinancials. Designed by TFS Media.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.