MultiChoice South Africa today announced that 236 students will benefit from bursaries worth R26 million in 2021.
The company is making tertiary education a reality for students in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths, Broadcasting, Media, Film & Television, Human Resources, Finance, Economics, Law, Communications, UI/UX/CX Design, Consumer Insights and Advertising.
“We believe investing in these fields of study is critical for the future of our industry and our country,” says MultiChoice South Africa’s CEO, Nyiko Shiburi. “We are excited to provide access to the necessary resources for these future leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to thrive and flourish in fulfilling their highest potential.”
While the MultiChoice bursaries programme has been a long-standing part of the company’s upliftment initiatives, its 2021 bursaries are of particular importance to the company.
“Many families and households are struggling to make ends meet after either the loss of employment or, in many cases, the tragic loss of loved ones and breadwinners to Covid-19. Our 2021 bursary programme is one of our initiatives that seek to soften this blow,” Shiburi added.
The MultiChoice bursaries programme enables students to focus on their studies without the financial stress that often plagues students and negatively affects their chances of success. The bursaries go beyond tuition fees to cover registration fees, accommodation, and a living allowance for the year.
Applicants must be South African and registered at a recognised South African institution of higher learning for an undergraduate or post-graduate degree up to the Masters’ level. They must also meet the academic performance requirements of a 65% or higher aggregate mark in their previous year of study.
The bursaries will be awarded for the 2021 academic year only. They may be renewed, based on the availability of funds and the student’s academic performance. Applications close on 31 January 2021.
For more information on the MultiChoice Bursary Scheme, and to apply, visit https://www.multichoice.com/careers/bursary-program/
APPLY IF you meet the following criteria
- You must be registered at a South African Higher Learning Institute
- Bursaries offered to students of all years of study (inclusive of 1st post graduate degrees)
- You are studying towards any degree/qualification aligned to MultiChoice focus areas
- 12-month bursary coverage for the 2021 academic year
- Designated South African citizen
- Eligibility and qualifying requirements must be met and no late applications will be considered
- Complete application form and all support documents sent to [email protected] by 31 January 2021
The specialist degrees or qualifications that MutliChoice will sponsor include:
- Engineering (Computer, Electrical& Digital)
- Computer or Data Science
- Applied/Computational mathematics
- Information Systems or Technology
- Customer Insights technologies
- Media, Film or Television Studies
- Sport Broadcasting
- UX or UI or CX Design
- Creative or Corporate Brand Communication
- Digital Marketing
- Economics or Law
- Human Resources
- Finance (Internal Audit / Financial Accounting)