Known as the place of peace, Polokwane has become synonymous with being a keepsake in South African history. From its untouched architecture to having more public statues per capita than any other Province, this city is more than just a capital of a Province but the food powerhouse of the country given that it produces up to 60% of local fresh produce. That’s why the launch of Uber Eats today in Polokwane is an exciting chapter for the city.
“We’re excited to launch in Polokwane, bringing the convenience, affordability and reliability synonymous with the app to it’s locals. Uber Eats will focus on unlocking potential and increasing the overall earning capacity for both individuals who deliver through the app and restaurants alike.” says Ailyssa Pretorius, General Manager of Uber Eats.
While well-known franchises are available including KFC, McDonalds and Mochachos, it’s the homegrown restaurants that are a firm favourite, with The Grind and Tenpin on Grimm accessible via the app.
“It’s important that we work with locals, on the ground, to help them grow their business and make the most of the app’s technology to further grow their business. To ensure that the app provides more than just a service, but truly compliments the many lifestyles of locals,” continues Ailyssa.
Residents can now deliver orders placed through the app as an option of widening their current income stream, while restaurants are now able to access a greater customer base via the app.
For those with food allergies they will be happy to know that the app has an allergen-friendly filter. Additionally, users are able to live-track their order in-app with GPS functionality, while being able to check on the individual delivering the meal with an updated photo displayed on the app. .
Ready to order? Find out how to order:
Uber Eats is more than just a time-saver, it’s a lifestyle enhancer with a variety of food tailored to your needs through unique filters and recommendations. An everyday solution, the user-friendly app lets the user order with just a few taps. Whether it’s cash or card, payment is easy.
- Download the Uber Eats app from either the iTunes or Android app stores or order at ubereats.com
- Sign up and enter the relevant details.
- Select a restaurant, and choose what you want to eat from their menu
- New users can use the code HOWZITPLK to receive R75 off their first order (Minimum basket size of R100.)
- Existing users can use the code YAYPLK to receive R50 off their next order (Minimum basket size of R100.)
- Press “place order” and watch as your order gets picked up and delivered right to your door
- Your receipt will be sent to your email address associated with your Uber account or can be viewed in your app