Absa announced on Wednesday that more than 10 000 customers have registered on its secure, private and fully integrated ChatBanking on WhatsApp service.
The banking group launched ChatBanking on WhatsApp service on 11 July 2018.
Absa ChatBanking on WhatsApp is an automated messaging system available to Absa account holders. It allows users to perform simple banking on the chat platform they prefer, using conversational language and shortcut commands.
It is a major breakthrough in banking technology which enables you to conduct your banking without ever having to leave your favourite messenger app.
The launch of ChatBanking on WhatsApp follows the momentum created by the launch of Absa ChatBanking on Facebook Messenger.
“We have seen a great take-up on this platform amongst early adopters, specifically for airtime and data purchases. As technology advances and more customers become connected, bringing banking to where our customers are is important to us, especially as we continue our journey to become a digitally-led business driven by innovation.,” says Arrie Rautenbach, CE of Absa Retail and Business Banking.
“In the near future, customers will be able to receive important messages which they might choose to subscribe to, through the WhatsApp service. This is the future of banking. It is the future of Absa and it is what our customers want.”
As part of the offering, Absa customers will be able to use ChatBanking on WhatsApp to conduct the following transactions:
- Get the actual and available balance on your transactional account.
- Buy airtime, data or SMS bundles for the cell phone registered to your account.
- Get a mini-statement showing the last three transactions on your account.
- Buy pre-paid electricity for selected municipalities.
- Make a payment to an existing beneficiary that you have paid at least twice before.
- View your Absa Rewards balance, if you are registered for this program.
- Redeem your Absa Rewards balance as cash or airtime.
- View a free mini credit report powered by TransUnion.