President Jacob Zuma has announced on Tuesday changes to the national cabinet, including a new Minister of Communications, and kicked out Blade Nzimande as Minister of Higher Education and Training.
Zuma in a statement issued on Tuesday morning, bucking his trend of issuing cabinet reshuffle statement at mid-night, said after careful consideration, I have decided to make the following changes to the National Executive;
- Professor Hlengiwe Mkhize is the Minister of Higher Education and Training
- Ms Ayanda Dlodlo is the Minister of Home Affairs
- Ms Mmamaloko Kubayi is the Minister of Communications
- Mr David Mahlobo is the Minister of Energy
- Adv. Bongani Thomas Bongo is the Minister of State Security
- Mr Buti Manamela is the Deputy Minister of Higher Education and Training
“I thank the former members of the National Executive for good service in their previous portfolios. I wish the members who are assuming new portfolios all the best in their new responsibilities,” reads his statement.